Wednesday, April 26

The McWolfe Statement (ver 0.1)

I want my RPG to be smooth. It doesn't have to be rules light, but it should be smooth.

The rules of my RPG should reflect the setting.

There should be an official way to play that game.

The rules should follow that way

Characters should be built to fit into that way

There should be a framework in the game that follows that way.

It should be possible to break out of that framework

This framework should help me prepare modules in a rather short time if I wanted

It should be possible to create a simple character that has room to grow as the storied unfold.

The game should be based on situational stories.

Those situations should have a connection to the rules and how characters are designed.

Character design should be by guidelines or via random rolls. Not point based.

No comments: