Sunday, September 20

[FATE] Spirit of the World of Darkness - RPGnet Forums

[FATE] Spirit of the World of Darkness - RPGnet Forums: "I don't really have a purpose in making this post other than to say it just occurred to me how easy it would be to blend Fate and the World of Darkness system together.

* Add Aspects as per Fate. Aspects replace Virtue/Vice.
* Use the WoD skills, but treat them the eaxct same way you do skills in Fate.
* Replace the WoD health system with Fate's
* Replace Merits with Stunts
* Replace Morality with Fate's Composure track and Consequences
* Where it says you need to spend a Willpower point, you spend a Fate point.
* Replace the expendable stat (blood, essence, etc.) with a stress track and consequences.
* Replace the power stat (blood potency, Gnosis) with a special skill."


The above is a part of a forum-thread touching a subject I've been thinking about myself. I'll keep an eye on the thread and see if I can add something to it myself. My "starting point", so to speak, would be Starblazers, because I get the impression that it's slightly more generic than SotC. I am, however, looking forward to Dresden Files, whenever that one is released.

No comments: