Sunday, August 8

Cabincon 2010

So, this weekend was time for the annual (and second) little retreat with our gaming group. We went out to a cabin, next to lake Vänern, the largest lake in Sweden. The idea is to play some games full time for a weekend, and to try out at least something new. The games this year was a DnD3.5-game (the demonweb pits), a Star Wars Saga-game, where we played separatists running from the newly formed Empire, and finally a game of Legends of Anglerre. This last game was the game most new to all of us.

A longer review will follow, but the weekend all in all was a blast, we had a very good time, and we enjoyed the games. I myself has been talking about trying out a fate game for some time, and I wasn't let down by the game as such, and the rest of the guys seemed to enjoy it as well. So, in one shape or another, we will try it out again.

So, what's next.. well, currently we are doing a Reign-game that will last a couple of months more. After that, there's talks about either Mouse Guard or Starblazers. Reviews will follow.

When it comes to new games, the ones that I'm closest to buying right now are Dresden Files and Smallville. There are other games out there that has my interest, but those two are the main ones. If you also include supplements, Greg Stolze just released the Progenitor-book, which seems very interesting, and this weekends game made me more determined to get the Legends of Anglerre companion. Propably as a PDF, but it may come as a print copy as well. With that said, the iPad has lessened my need for printed books slightly. They do look nice in the book-shelf though :-)

For my own projects. There are a few, including some ideas for a book, the writing on my games continues, and I also have some ideas about a longer article concerning relational maps. Consider it a continuation of my articles about Mapping out an adventure (part 2, part 3, part 4)

1 comment:

Hillmountain said...

It was great fun trying out Legends of Anglerre. I found the system fun and rewarding, and the way you let us create the world collaboratively made all of us deeply immersed in the game and world.