Thursday, April 1

Inspirational book on improvisational roleplaying

Not long ago I read the book Play Unsafe by Graham Walmsley. It's a book on improvisational roleplaying and contains tips on how to run games with very little preparation.

I must admit, I don't think I'm ready to change my games into 100% improvisation. However, the tips found in this book is (from what I can see) usable on a sliding scale. They can be applied to a more traditional game, and of course to a strictly improvisational game. Even more so, wherever you are on this scale, this book is useful, and above all, inspirational.

For a more thorough review, I recommend the review on rpg.net. I fully agree with the reviewer, the book (at least as a pdf) is less than 10 USD, and contains loads of tips for both GM and players. 

No comments: