Monday, May 12

DnD 4 Countdown 25 - Things that are not DnD

For many of us, the advent of DnD4 is one of the real big things this summer.

However, there are other things, and to remind myself that there are more to life than DnD (World of Darkness, for instance ;-) ), I thought I'd list a few of my highlights this summer

  • European Football Championships (that is: soccer, for those on the west side of the pond).
    • I guess that we won't last long this time, but we are there. England isn't... (also, I want to add that last time England qualified for a big championship, they had a swedish coach). And neither is Denmark.
  • The 2008 summer olympics
    • Yes, I know... china is oppresive, it's a lot of politics and controversy. I'm still looking forward to it. Sports is always sports
  • Hunter: the Vigil
    • I never really liked the oWoD-Hunter. The descriptions of this so far seems to rock on toast (and other silly expressions).
  • The release of the Force Unleashed on Xbox360 (and other consoles).
    • Ok, I know it's not released until September, but it's close enough.. and I will be looking forward to it the entire summer.
Apart from these things, there are a couple of nice movies as well (Indy, Batman, Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda etc)

And of course, there is the regular things like going to the lakehouse, swimming in the sea and having ice-cream.

So, in short: It's summer, where I'm from, that is a treasured season.

No comments: