Friday, May 16

DnD4 Countdown 21 - My first character


This is an attempt to recreate one of the characters mentioned in the Hall of Fame-post, using the compiled preview of the PHB.

I tried to find powers that dealt with moving around and attacking in close combat, and from what's out there already I think I succeeded quite nice. Only problem is that I couldn't find many Half-elven powers or any melee based daily power for the ranger.

The experience in itself was straightforward, and if the previews are any indication on how chargen will be in 4th ed I'd say it's a lot easier and smoother. I'm guessing that a lot depends on the amount of feats/ powers supplied with the books. To few, and I believe that you'll feel a bit to limited in your choices, resulting in many characters looking the same.

Rahnasto
1st lvl half-elven Ranger

Str: 12/ +1
Dex: 18/ +4
Con: 12/ +1
Int: 12/ +1
Wis: 14/ +2
Cha: 12/ +1

Defence
AC: 16
For: 12
Will: 12
Ref: 15

Healing Surges: 7
Hit Points: 13

Feats
Group Insight

At Will Powers
Nimble Strike
Hunters Quarry

Encounter Powers
Fox's cunning

Daily Power
Split the tree

Skills
Nature + 6, Acrobatics +9 , Athletics +6, Heal +7, Perception +7

Weapon
Rapier +4, Dam 1d8+1

Armor: Light leather armor

No comments: